The Heaven and Earth Countryside Bicycle Tour, the brainchild of M. Pascal, provides an off-the-beaten-track experience where you’ll likely meet rice wine makers, pig farmers, craftsmen from Kim Bong’s boatyards and war veterans along the way. An adventure for all the family, a highlight is the opportunity to pilot the area’s unique bamboo basket boats. The morning tour features a traditional Vietnamese lunch in a family setting.
- ferry across Thu Bon River
- cross the floating bridge
- visit traditional wooden boatyards
- see colorful straw mat weaving
- learn to pilot a traditional basket boat
- meet a local (far from the tourist trail)
- enjoy a traditional lunch with a Vietnamese family (morning tour only)
- cycle across the back roads of rustic Cam Kim island
The tour wends down small lanes and across tricky river crossings. It explores Cam Kim Island’s massive palm tree stands by snaking waterways and dives down spooky back alleyways. It also provides memorable snapshots of the island’s traditional people and their craft.
Far from the traffic, the motor scooters, and the noises the city you will cross the islands on the Song Thu river delta using local transportation, including ferries and floating bridge.
Discover how wooden river boats are made and learn the secret of weaving the colorful straw ‘Hoi An’ sleeping mats. Try piloting the renowned Vietnamese basket boats and much more. A highlight of the day is a memorable meeting with one of the rural inhabitants of the region, far from the usual tourist circuits.
You will be invited into the home of a local Vietnamese family for a traditional Vietnamese lunch, and learn much of Vietnamese customs and traditions. After relaxing for a while under the shade of a mango tree, you will begin your return towards Hoi An by boat, which will take about 40 minutes.
- All tours capped at 10 adults per trip
- Morning tour includes lunch
- Countryside Tour is family friendly at just 9km
- helmet available
- child and baby seats available
- traditional Vietnamese lunch (morning tour only)
- French or English language guide
- ferry and boat rides
- suntan lotion
- hat or cap
- windbreaker for the months of November, December, and January, since it can be a bit chilly on the boat ride
Heaven & Earth Countryside Bicycle Tour Video
Morning Countryside Tour
- Child 6-12 years: 19 USD (440,000 VND)
- Child 4-5 years: 4 USD (93,000 VND)
- Child under 4 years: Free
Afternoon Countryside Tour
- Child 6-12 years: 15 USD (348,000 VND)
- Child under 6 years: Free